Homepage / Terms
- BroadsByCycle is a trading name of Broadland Cycle Hire, hereafter called the Company.
- The Company agrees to let and the Member agrees to take on rental of the bike subject to the terms and conditions set out herein. The Company and the Member are the only parties to this Agreement, notwith standing that a reservation for the bike may have been arranged by a third party or that a third party may pay for all or part of the hire. The Member is the sole lessee and is solely responsible or compliance with all terms and conditions contained herein.
- The Member agrees to return the bike to the Company in the same condition received, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
- If the Member does not return the bike by the end of the hire period or by midnight on the day of hire, whichever is the sooner, the Company reserves the right to levy a penalty charge.
- The Member agrees not to use a bike for onward hire or reward, nor use it in violation of any law, ordinance or regulation, nor remove it from the area known as the Norfolk Broads.
- The Member hereby warrants and undertakes to the Company that he will not operate the bike or permit the bike to be operated whilst unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed for the time being by road traffic legislation.
- The Member hereby warrants and undertakes to the Company that he will further protect the interests of the bike by ensuring the bike is always locked when unattended.
- If the Member commits any breach of these terms and conditions the Company may treat the agreement as terminated and may seize, with out legal process, or notice to the Member, the bike at any time or place and the Member waives all claims for damages connected with such seizure.
- The Member expressly agrees to pay the Company on demand all fines and court costs including administrative fees for parking, bus lane, traffic or other legal violations assessed against the bike, the Member or The Company during the hire.
- The Member expressly agrees to pay the Company on demand a reason able administrative handling fee for processing any fine or legal violation against the bike, the Member or the Company during the hire except where caused by the Company’s default.
- The Member expressly agrees to pay the Company on demand the fair market value of repairing wilful damage howsoever caused to the actual bike supplied whilst on hire.
- The Member agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Company harm less from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by the Company in any manner from this rental transaction, except where caused by the Companies negligence.
- Use of the BroadsByCycle system is open to all persons over the age of 12. Persons over the age of 12 but under the age of 18 must have the written permission of a parent or guardian to register to use the system and the written permission of the nominated payer to make payment for the hire of the bike. (written permission to be sent to Broadland Cycle Hire at Bewilderwood, Horning Road, Hoveton, NR12 8JW).
- Persons over the age of 12 but under the age of 18 must also provide evidence of proficiency to ride on the road.
- When the Member accepts the registration form they are declaring that they are physically fit enough to ride a bicycle and also that they are reasonably competent to ride on the road.
- Once the hire has commenced, the Member has full responsibility over the bicycle. The Member will be liable for all costs in the event of damage to the bike, themselves or third parties or theft whilst the bike is in their care, unless caused by the Company’s negligence.
- If an accident should occur whilst the Member or any member of their party are using the bikes, the Member must notify the Company immediately by telephone and submit a written report with full details of the occurrence.
- It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that the bicycle is in proper working order BEFORE riding the bike; this includes brakes, lights, steering, tyres and drive shaft including pedals. If there are any problems with the bicycle then this must be reported immediately to the Company and another bike may be allocated.
- Any wilful or negligent act of destruction of the Companies property will result in prosecution to the fullest extent of the law and the Company will seek the recovery of all costs and administration charges from the defendant.
- The handlebar basket is intended to carry light goods only. DO NOT fill with heavy items or overfill the basket as this may affect your balance, steering control as well as safety and comfort. Ensure the items are secure using the attached bungee cable and that there are no long or sharp items sticking out of the basket, as these will be dangerous to pedestrians and the rider. If an accident should occur due to the carriage of an over-weight or awkward load then the Member is liable for all costs.
- In the event of any mechanical failure or if any of the mechanical parts become defective whilst riding, the rider must stop riding and notify the Company by calling 01603 552563.
- DO NOT pull or push anything with the bicycle as this may lead to steering defects, mal-align the frame or cause undue 'wear and tear' to the tyres.
- DO NOT use the bike for racing, mountain bike riding, stunt or trick riding or for any other purpose other than riding to and from a destination.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any contract/hire agreement at any time with a customer without prior arrangement or written warning if the customer is in default hereunder.
- We do not store credit carddetails nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS.
- Daily Tariff. Once the Member has paid for their hire no cancellation is possible. Bikes should only be booked for daily hire if the Member has checked that bikes are available at the station they wish to use.
- Monthly/Annual Tariff. If the Member wishes to cancel their membership they must contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment will be refunded if the bike or bikes hired become unserviceable during use due to mechanical failure and we are unable to make a repair or provide a replacement.
- Broadland Cycle Hire, at Bewilderwood, Horning Road, Hoveton, Norfolk, NR12 8JW